The Great Crusader
Pope Benedict XVI's historic visit to the United States comes at a critical time for the Roman Catholic Church and the West.
His visit comes as the Church grapples with a growing secularist trend in the U.S. and Europe — and a rising global threat from militant Islam.
Newsmax magazine's special report "The Great Crusader" reveals the behind-the-scenes effort the Pope is making to revitalize the ancient Church for its present battle and the important role he sees the United States and her people playing.
You can also check out our FREE offer — the Emergency Radio — a $30 value and something every home must have. Go Here Now.
This exclusive Newsmax report explores:
- Hidden agenda: why the U.S. is "crucial" to the Catholic Church
- What Benedict sees as the "central problem of our faith today"
- The real story: Benedict's path to the papacy
- Troubles in the U.S. Church — dwindling mass attendance
- Benedict's take on the sexual abuse crisis within the Church
- America's most famous Catholic dissenter — Mel Gibson
- Is Benedict the last "European Pope"?
- Benedict and the abortion issue in the U.S.
- The Pope's experiences with German Nazis
- Benedict's plans for China's "underground" Catholics
- No coincidence: this is an election year and Hispanic Catholics are key
- The rise of Islam in Christian Europe: the Church's plan
- Why Benedict rues the Second Vatican Council
- The birth of Catholicism's "charismatics"
- The decline of American priests and nuns
- Benedict's amazing popularity in Rome
- Why the Pope "snubbed" the Dalai Lama
- The "astonishing" growth of Catholicism in Africa
- "Cafeteria Catholics" who ignore some Church teachings
- American evangelicals and the Catholic Church
- Why Benedict's moves could lead to a "civil war" within Catholicism
- And much, much more
Find out how you can get this report FREE — PLUS get an Emergency Radio worth $30 with our FREE offer. Go Here Now.
This edition of Newsmax magazine is not to be missed.
In addition to our in-depth cover stories and hard-hitting investigative reports, we entertain a constant stream of notable guests.
Past issues have included incisive commentary from such experts as Bill O'Reilly, George Will, Kathleen Parker, Michael Reagan, Ben Stein and David Limbaugh — to name a few.
This special edition of Newsmax magazine also includes:
- Small nukes are on campus
- World Bank corruption hurting the poor
- Do-it-yourself medical tests
- States challenge the Electoral College
- Deadline looms for digital TV: Are you ready?
- U.S. horses slaughtered in Mexico for food
- Drug smugglers go underwater with submarines
- Schwarzenegger to Pentagon: Return Humvees
- U.S. meat: Send in the clones
- When a predator lives next door
- Schools teach kids about guns
- Bill Buckley in 1965: how he discovered the Reagan Democrats
- C-SPAN's Brian Lamb talks to Newsmax
- High-tech device eases water woes
- Tour America's favorite ballparks
- Apple juice does a body good: heart and mind
Again, there is so much more in Newsmax magazine, which won a Gold Eddie Award in the News/Commentary category of Folio magazine’s prestigious journalism awards, the Eddies, and has now received a Charlie Award, the highest honor from the Florida Magazine Association, in each of five categories including Best In-Depth Reporting.
Ben Stein says Newsmax reveals the “unafraid, uncomplicated, bare-knuckles truth about today’s dangerous world.”
Mike Reagan, the elder son of the late President Ronald Reagan and chairman and president of The Reagan Legacy Foundation, says: “I guarantee that you’ll love Newsmax magazine.”
Find out why more than a half million people read Newsmax magazine each month.
Better: Be one! Get our "Great Crusader" report and an Emergency Radio with our FREE offer — Go Here Now.