Remember Jerry Falwell, the Moral Majority, and the landslide election of Ronald Reagan in 1980?
Now Newsmax magazine asks in its special report whether 2012 can repeat that phenomenon.
And who will lead America's Christian evangelicals against Barack Obama and his liberal allies in the coming presidential election?
Newsmax's cover story features the legendary evangelist Pat Robertson and the handing over of the reins at the Christian Broadcasting Network to his son Gordon.
Pat and Gordon sat down with Newsmax magazine for an exclusive interview to discuss the broadcasting behemoth that now reaches 360 million viewers worldwide and how they will continue to influence the American landscape.
Pat, now 81, reflects on his spiritual life, his political ambitions, and the success of the Christian Coalition.
Meanwhile, his 52-year-old son is getting down to business and vows: "The best is yet to come."
Newsmax magazine's special report, "The Torch Passes at CBN," takes an in-depth look at the network's triumphs, its many-faceted present, and its ambitious future, about which Pat is securely confident because, he tells Newsmax, "God never fails."
The report also explores the evangelical vote's likely impact on the 2012 elections and details how each of the major potential candidates, such as Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, Donald Trump, Tim Pawlenty, and Haley Barbour, fares with Christian conservatives.
You can also check out our FREE offer — the Emergency Radio — a $35 value and something every home must have. Go Here Now.
The must-read "The Torch Passes" report explores:
- The CBN's humble — and fiery — beginnings
- Robertson's stunning run for president in 1988
- Seven religious trends shaping U.S. politics
- The origin of the "700 Club" brand
- Robertson's amazing business successes
- Why Muslims are turning to Christianity
- The visit to India that changed Gordon's life
- CBN's surprising global reach — from Delhi to Jakarta
- The Robertsons' views on Obama's religious faith
- Gordon's defense of Sarah Palin
- CBN's Superbook cartoon to reach 300 million children
- Pat's Operation Blessing International — "America's best-kept secret"
- 8-year-old Gordon's beginnings in broadcasting
- The void on the Christian right
- Gordon's relationship with Franklin Graham
- Gerald Ford: America's first evangelical president
- How evangelicals have voted in nine presidential elections
- Pat's close — and sometimes contentious — relations with presidents
- Gordon's warning that the U.S. is "spending ourselves into oblivion"
- Pat's "unreported" aid efforts in Haiti
Find out how you can get this report FREE — PLUS get an Emergency Radio worth almost $35 with our FREE offer. Go Here Now.
This edition of Newsmax magazine is not to be missed.
In addition to our in-depth cover stories and hard-hitting investigative reports, we entertain a constant stream of notable guests.
Past issues have included incisive commentary from such experts as Bill O'Reilly, George Will, Kathleen Parker, Michael Reagan, Ben Stein and David Limbaugh — to name a few.
This special edition of Newsmax magazine also includes:
- GOP campaign '12: Taking back the Senate
- Meet candidate Tim Pawlenty
- FBI Warns that a WMD attack on U.S. "certain"
- Exposing the states' massive pension debt
- The tax-cut clock is ticking
- Michele Bachmann scores highest on immigration
- Ben Stein: Financial planner a must
- Judith Miller on the Middle East: We should worry
- Red states/blue states by the numbers
- Heart attack — the hidden symptoms
- Bill would plug "national security loophole"
- Pete Sessions: Why we need more House Republicans
- America's unlikeliest terror hunter
- Putting a spike in the Fairness Doctrine
- Radical Islam is as bad as you think
- Hollywood disses American superheroes
- Save big with group coupons
- Gov. Luis Fortuno: Building dreams in Puerto Rico
- Funds for education not paying off
- Eight influential people over 80
- Eat less without trying
- Tax-free IRA withdrawals
- The mood-boosting benefits of B12
Again, there is so much more in Newsmax magazine, which won a Gold Eddie Award in the News/Commentary category of Folio magazine’s prestigious journalism awards, the Eddies, and has now received a Charlie Award, the highest honor from the Florida Magazine Association, in each of five categories including Best In-Depth Reporting.
Ben Stein says Newsmax reveals the “unafraid, uncomplicated, bare-knuckles truth about today’s dangerous world.”
Mike Reagan, the elder son of the late President Ronald Reagan and chairman and president of The Reagan Legacy Foundation, says: “I guarantee that you’ll love Newsmax magazine.”
Find out why more than a half million people read Newsmax magazine each month.
Better: Be one! Get our "The Torch Passes" issue and an Emergency Radio with our FREE offer — Go Here Now.