In the midst of an economic crisis and a looming presidential election, Rep. Paul Ryan has introduced a bold budget plan that includes a total reorganization of the soon-to-be-broke Medicare system.
He also warned the nation faces a "fiscal cliff" that could devastate the U.S. economy.
Now, Mitt Romney has picked Ryan as his vice presidential running mate.
You need to know Paul Ryan, his plan, and his story.
Newsmax magazine has this story.
The Wisconsin Republican, chairman of the House Budget Committee, has proposed a complete overhaul of Washington's spending in a budget plan, The Path to Prosperity, designed to rein in skyrocketing federal debt.
In an exclusive interview with Ryan, Newsmax explores how the Ryan plan includes fundamental changes to the "third rail" of American politics, Medicare, but accomplishes something President Barack Obama has failed at time and again — taking the lead on an issue of vital national importance.
Newsmax magazine's special report "Ryan's Bold Plan" includes an intensive look at the Ryan Medicare proposal, his full fiscal reform plan and its political repercussions.
You can get this special Paul Ryan report PLUS check out our FREE offer for the New York Times best-seller "The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House" — both a value over $30! Go Here Now.
Included in Newsmax magazine's "Rise of a True Believer" report:
- Why Ryan's plan would lower healthcare costs
- Ryan: Obamacare ends Medicare as we know it
- The electoral fallout from Ryan's budget
- The real threat to seniors' healthcare
- Michele Bachmann's words of support for Ryan's plan
- The AARP's mistaken claim about the Ryan proposal
- Sen. Joe Lieberman's alternate plan for Medicare reform
- Highlights of Ryan's Path to Prosperity
- The news that sparked a GOP "mini rebellion"
- Rush Limbaugh's take on the Ryan budget
- Ryan's brutal exercise regimen
- Why Ryan isn't seeking the presidency — yet
- The moment of truth on deficit spending
- Ryan's proposal for the tax code
- Ryan: Obama's budget speech "pure demagoguery"
- The "alarm bell" sounded by the Simpson-Bowles commission
- And more
Find out how you can get this report FREE — PLUS Ed Klein's best-seller "Amateur," which Donald Trump, Sean Hannity, even Dick Cheney say you must read about Obama — get it with our FREE offer worth over $30. Go Here Now.
This edition of Newsmax magazine is not to be missed.
In addition to our in-depth cover stories and hard-hitting investigative reports, we entertain a constant stream of notable guests.
Past issues have included incisive commentary from such experts as Bill O'Reilly, George Will, Kathleen Parker, Michael Reagan, Ben Stein and David Limbaugh — to name a few.
This issue of Newsmax magazine also features a must-read report from award-winning science writer Gary Taube: How Uncle Sam and conventional medicine made America fat.
It also includes:
- Convicted congressmen getting fat federal pensions
- Chuck Norris: Obama appeasing base on gun control
- Point-counterpoint: The Tea Party and the '12 elections
- Pro-choice Roe of Roe v. Wade now pro-life
- 5 surprise retirement havens
- Saudi oil could grease Obama's re-election
- Newsmax invited to Obama's White House economic summit
- No end in sight for "eternally jobless"
- Why playwright David Mamet turned against liberalism
- Dr. King finally gets his memorial
- How to juggle multiple prescriptions
- Kremlin votes to re-elect Obama
- Obama seeks $1 billion for re-election campaign
- NATO is a paper tiger
- Disgruntled workers could be key in '12
- Is the New Testament a forgery?
- Identifying the psychopaths around us
- It's time for great deals on smartphones
- 7 great train trips
- "Dull" investing can bring big returns
- High-fiber diet best for diverticulitis
Again, there is so much more in Newsmax magazine, which won a Gold Eddie Award in the News/Commentary category of Folio magazine’s prestigious journalism awards, the Eddies, and has now received a Charlie Award, the highest honor from the Florida Magazine Association, in each of five categories including Best In-Depth Reporting.
Ben Stein says Newsmax reveals the “unafraid, uncomplicated, bare-knuckles truth about today’s dangerous world.”
Mike Reagan, the elder son of the late President Ronald Reagan and chairman and president of The Reagan Legacy Foundation, says: “I guarantee that you’ll love Newsmax magazine. The liberal media moguls hate Newsmax.”
Find out why more than a half million people read Newsmax magazine each month.
Better: Be one! Get our "Ryan's Bold Plan" issue and the book about Obama everyone is talking about — "Amateur" — with our FREE offer — Go Here Now.