The Obama administration's official declaration of hostility toward religion came in January with rules requiring faith-based service ministries and charities to offer their employees health insurance covering contraception and abortion-inducing drugs.
But it was not the first or only volley fired in what has become known as Obama's "war on religion."
Newsmax magazine's special report "Obama vs. Religious Freedom" offers an in-depth look at one of the most important religious liberty cases in half a century, the Hosanna-Tabor case in Michigan - an attempt by the Obama administration to dictate to a church who can and cannot be its minister.
It was an attack on religious freedom and the Constitution so outrageous that the Supreme Court blasted it in a decision agreed upon by all nine justices — including Obama's two appointees.
The Newsmax report explores the surprising reasons why the Obama administration has launched an assault on religious liberty that threatens every American's right to worship.
This issue also looks at the 10 top threats to America's religious freedoms, including blacklisting the 10 Commandments and even banning the Easter Bunny.
And renowned actor Andy Garcia, who stars in a new movie about the fight for religious freedom in 1920s Mexico, tells Newsmax why the right to practice religion is sacrosanct.
The new issue of Newsmax magazine is hot off the presses.
When you order today, you'll also receive our most popular special report ever — The Jesus Question: Will He Ever Return.
Is the Second Coming real or myth? Our special report explores this question with leading religious figures — uncovering the surprising controversies and new revelations surrounding the Second Coming of Christ.
The "Jesus Question" report explores:
- Biblical predictions about the Second Coming
- Where different denominations stand on Christ's return
- The Mayan calendar's prediction for later this year
- What Muslims believe about Jesus
- Why date-setting Christ's return is "horribly irresponsible"
- The ominous parallels between today's times and Christ's message
- The surprising number of Americans who expect Christ's return
- Why the restoration of Israel worries some believers
This special report is provocative, controversial, and fascinating, no matter what your faith. To order Newsmax magazine and this special report, Go Here Now.
In addition to our in-depth cover stories and hard-hitting investigative reports, Newsmax magazine always engages a constant stream of notable guests.
Past issues have included incisive commentary from such experts as Bill O'Reilly, George Will, Kathleen Parker, Michael Reagan, Christopher Ruddy, Ben Stein, Dr. Laura and David Limbaugh — to name a few.
This edition of Newsmax magazine also includes:
- Scott Walker's win disrupts Obama's 2012 strategy
- Candidates race for the NASCAR vote
- Obama's gay-marriage stance all about the money
- Sarah Palin sure to be heard in 2012
- Syrian rebels struggle for survival
- Medical tests you DON'T need
- Limo entrepreneur faces "crony capitalism gone wild"
- Hollywood PR guru advises presidential candidates
- Donald Trump has 2012 star power
- Tea parties could hold sway over Florida
- States fight for land grabbed by Feds
- Ben Stein: On love, forgiveness, humor and dogs
- Marijuana farms take root in foreclosed homes
- Military base closings are on the horizon
- Teaching children right from wrong
- Candidates vying for U.S. voters abroad
- Grass-roots groups eyeing the Senate
- Ohio's Josh Mandel takes on the establishment
- "Robot" drone is U.S. Navy's powerful new tool
- Negative election ads will rule the airwaves
- Get ready for "Atlas Shrugged Part II"
- A guide to greener cars
- Are Treasury bonds right for you?
- Help for sleep apnea — without the mask
- Kirk Cameron's search for America's roots
- Building a better beer
- Buy American — it's worth it
Again, there is so much more in Newsmax magazine, which won a Gold Eddie Award in the News/Commentary category of Folio magazine’s prestigious journalism awards, the Eddies, and has now received a Charlie Award, the highest honor from the Florida Magazine Association, in each of five categories including Best In-Depth Reporting.
Ben Stein says Newsmax reveals the “unafraid, uncomplicated, bare-knuckles truth about today’s dangerous world.”
Mike Reagan, the elder son of the late President Ronald Reagan and chairman and president of The Reagan Legacy Foundation, says: “I guarantee that you’ll love Newsmax magazine.”
Find out why more than a half million people read Newsmax magazine each month.
Better: Be one! Get the special “Religious Freedom” issue and our special report: The Jesus Question: Will He Ever Return, with our FREE offer — Go Here Now.