It all started on Feb. 19, 2009, when CNBC Business Editor Rick Santelli railed on the air against the Obama administration's plan to bail out people with expensive mortgages and suggested having a "tea party" protest in July.
It has since blossomed into the tea party movement — the most dynamic, influential, and revolutionary political force in modern American times.
Newsmax magazine's special report "Tea Party Power" goes inside the movement as never before.
Our in-depth probe names names and uncovers the real leaders — often hidden from public scrutiny — who are shaping this truly grass-roots movement, dubbed by some The Party of the People.
The tea party is estimated to have 15 million-plus members — and will play a crucial role in November's midterm elections as well as the 2012 race for the White House.
For the first time, Newsmax magazine reveals some of the key players — politicians, celebrities, and even everyday folks — who are the power engines behind this transformative movement.
Our Newsmax "Tea Party Power" report also features exclusive interviews with Santelli and other key tea party activists, including Lloyd Marcus, Rev. C.C. Bryan, and Ryan Hecker.
You can also check out our FREE offer — the Emergency Radio — a $30 value and something every home must have. Go Here Now.
This exclusive Newsmax report explores:
- The two biggest factors fueling the tea party movement
- Santelli's exclusive interview: his words heard 'round the world
- The White House's attack on Santelli
- The Obama move that "awakened a sleeping giant"
- The surprising truth about tea partyers and Republican Party
- The numbers: Demographics of the tea partyers
- Victoria Jackson — from "Saturday Night Live" to tea party speaker
- How the first tea party event was organized
- The tea partyers' three major objectives
- The Tax Day Tea Party — 1 million attendees
- Myths and facts about the tea party
- Dick Armey's true role in the movement — and his warning to Republicans
- Anderson Cooper's disparagement of the movement on CNN
- Why media coverage of the tea party has shifted
- The Democrats' strategy to exploit the tea partyers
- Florida's Tim Curtis — a "tea party Democrat"
- The Tea Party Patriots' "Contract from America"
- Tea party successes in New Jersey and Virginia: how they did it
- The "whistle-stop" that moved a crowd to tears
- David Saucedo — the tea party's rap artist in residence
- Sgt. Gary Stein and the armed forces tea party
- Tea partyers' goals in the midterm elections
- And much, much more
Find out how you can get this report FREE — PLUS get an Emergency Radio worth almost $30 with our FREE offer. Go Here Now.
This edition of Newsmax magazine is not to be missed.
In addition to our in-depth cover stories and hard-hitting investigative reports, we entertain a constant stream of notable guests.
Past issues have included incisive commentary from such experts as Bill O'Reilly, George Will, Kathleen Parker, Michael Reagan, Ben Stein and David Limbaugh — to name a few.
This special edition of Newsmax magazine also includes:
- Joe Lieberman: Prepare for attack on Iran
- Arizona's illegals war roils the country
- Obama sends dangerous signals on nuclear disarmament
- New device spots cancer easily, painlessly
- What to do when interest rates rise
- U.S. spies failing in Afghanistan and Pakistan
- Grassley: GM loan payback is "TARP money shuffle"
- Why Crist faces long odds in Florida race
- Condoleezza Rice backs Fiorina for Senate
- Franklin Graham reveals his worry about Obama and Islam
- Ohio Republicans set for big comeback
- Find your "exercise personality"
- Eric Holder goes easy on killers
- Gingriches spotlight Pope John Paul II in movie
- Andrea Tantaros: Mitch Daniels for president
- Michael Steele's stumbles may lead to fall
- What do Republicans watch on TV?
- Kiefer's "24" coming to the big screen
- Summer reading: Books for troubled times
- Old-fashioned cocktails made new
- Dr. Laura: School bullies can be deadly
- Fred Thompson's new book: an ode to small-town America
- The very best golf gadgets
- Fix your sore feet
- The case for travel insurance
Again, there is so much more in Newsmax magazine, which won a Gold Eddie Award in the News/Commentary category of Folio magazine’s prestigious journalism awards, the Eddies, and has now received a Charlie Award, the highest honor from the Florida Magazine Association, in each of five categories including Best In-Depth Reporting.
Ben Stein says Newsmax reveals the “unafraid, uncomplicated, bare-knuckles truth about today’s dangerous world.”
Mike Reagan, the elder son of the late President Ronald Reagan and chairman and president of The Reagan Legacy Foundation, says: “I guarantee that you’ll love Newsmax magazine.”
Find out why more than a half million people read Newsmax magazine each month.
Better: Be one! Get our “Tea Party Power” issue and an Emergency Radio with our FREE offer — Go Here Now.