The Man in the Middle
Speaker McCarthy Holds Together
a Fractious GOP and Congress
Fifteen rounds. That’s what it took in the political ring for Rep. Kevin McCarthy to win a majority in the bruising fight for the speaker’s gavel — 15 rounds of voting. Even after the win, it was obvious the newly minted speaker would have his work cut out for him to unite a party that was left scarred and battered.
But even hardliners admit — he’s well suited to the task.
Say what you will about the fight — McCarthy is an unabashed conservative who’s deeply committed to the cause. His plan to rescue the nation from the destruction caused by the Biden administration is laid bare in his “Commitment to America,” which reads like a Republican manifesto.
In it, he promises to roll back President Joe Biden’s reckless plan to hire 87,000 new IRS agents. He vows to shore up the border to rein in the chaos of unprecedented illegal migrant crossings and drug trafficking. And he is dedicated to bolstering police departments nationwide with federal funding.
All while navigating the nation’s spiraling debt and crushing inflation.
Newsmax chief political correspondent John Gizzi, a veteran D.C. journalist, takes a deep dive into the mindset of the new House leader, a man many seasoned conservatives say is to the right of both former speakers John Boehner and Paul Ryan.
It’s a compelling behind-the-scenes look at what to expect from the driven McCarthy, as Republicans take over the House in what promises to be a new dawning for the legislative agenda.
You’ll find out why tax-and-spend, overregulating Democrats have much to fear from a newly charged House. And why Republicans have so much to celebrate.
Gizzi’s in-depth cover story is a must-read for any American concerned about where this country is headed — no less than the fate of the nation hangs in the balance.
But Gizzi’s comprehensive look into what lies ahead for the House is only the beginning. Look for these exclusive stories you’ll find only in the March issue of Newsmax Magazine:
- Democrats Turn to States for Radical Vote Agenda: After failed attempts with federal control, Democrats are turning to states to push automatic voter registration, felon voting, and clamp downs on “misinformation.” (Page 10)
- Elite Colleges Face Day of Reckoning: The days of the left-leaning education agenda are over. National education is in glare of the spotlight, amid drastically declining enrollments, soaring tuition, and elite “woke” curricula. (Page 12)
- Food Prices Still on the Rise: Sticker shock after your latest shopping trip? Analysts bring you up to date on what to expect on your next visit, and when those soaring prices might come down. (Page 20)
- Time for Religious Charter Schools: A quiet revolution is brewing — first Oklahoma opened the door for public funding of charter schools. Now other schools across the nation are following suit. (Page 22)
- Bill O’Reilly: Biden Is a Do-Nothing President: Veteran journalist O’Reilly slams the president for permitting record amounts of drugs to flow freely across the border, and delves into how his policies are crushing middle-class Americans. (Page 34)
- Democrats Circle Joe Biden: The scandal-plagued president is staring down probes into classified documents he stored next to his Corvette; claims of influence-peddling payments from China and Russia; and trouble with his son Hunter. (Page 38)
- Chinese Spy Balloon Made Biden Look Weak: Joe Biden’s lackluster response to the various spy aircraft on U.S. shores and mainland has tarnished not only the president, but America’s global standing, experts say. (Page 42)
- Press Briefings Are a Waste of Time: Press briefings, once important gatherings in D.C., have devolved into spectacles that provide zero legislative information and are deemed unnewsworthy. (Page 48)
- Kevin Sorbo: ‘We Can’t Lose Our Country’: Sorbo discusses his latest movie, Left Behind: Rise of the Antichrist. The celebrated actor says the nation is at a crossroads and if don’t act now, we stand to lose traditional values. (Page 50)
The March issue of Newsmax Magazine also features all of your favorite columnists, including Ben Stein, Bill O’Reilly, John Gizzi, Nancy Brinker, Dr. Laura Schlessinger, and Dr. Chris Iliades.
And you won’t want to miss these other great stories in the must-read March issue of Newsmax Magazine:
- Whatever Happened to PayPal? Businesses are being banned from the ubiquitous payment app without any reasonable explanation. The app has become synonymous with totalitarianism for shutting out companies for what it deems unacceptable discourse. (Page 64)
- Paws for Thought: What happens to your beloved pets after you die? A pet trust set up in advance can honor your wishes and dictate who cares for your pet family members, and who receives compensation. (Page 70)
- New Choking Device Saves 600 Lives . . . and Counting: The simple-to-use LifeVac has been saving hundreds of lives behind the scenes and could prevent many of the 5,000 deaths from choking each year. (Page 74)
- Broken Home? Everyone experiences broken appliances and mucked-up plumbing at one time or another. A service contract might be just what you need to protect yourself and get the job done right. (Page 76)
- Colorful Curaçao: Get ready for a tropical destination unlike no other. Plunge into the sun-kissed blue waters of Curaçao, off the coast of Venezuela, and experience the vibrant culture of this Caribbean island. (Page 78)
- Stop Tossing and Turning All Night: You probably already know the importance of a good night’s sleep for your mental health. But you may not know that missing out has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. (Page 82)
Newsmax Magazine features the award-winning journalism and informative features America deserves.
You won’t want to miss this issue of Newsmax Magazine — one of the world’s fastest growing publications straight from the heart of America.
Why Newsmax Magazine!
With probing, insightful and interesting stories like these, it’s no wonder that Newsmax Magazine has become one of America’s premier publications.
Already Newsmax Magazine’s readership exceeds 750,000 monthly readers!
Newsmax Magazine is the one source that brings you in-depth cover stories, unvarnished truth you deserve, and hard-hitting investigative reports that you can’t find in mainstream media outlets.
Newsmax Magazine is an award-winning publication that’s been praised by President Trump, Ben Carson, Michael Reagan, and others.
Each month the magazine includes articles by Bill O’Reilly, Ben Stein, Dr. Laura, Nancy Brinker, and many others.
Mike Reagan, the elder son of the late President Ronald Reagan says: “I guarantee that you’ll love Newsmax Magazine.”
And, even the mainstream media can’t ignore Newsmax Magazine — which is continually cited on Meet the Press, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, The New York Times, and many other outlets.
Today’s world is more complex, and more unpredictable than it has ever been in the past.
Now more than ever, you need Newsmax Magazine.
Ben Stein says it gives you “the bare knuckles truth” to help make sense of this ever-changing landscape and how it affects you, your family and your future.
Find out why close to a million Americans read Newsmax Magazine each month.
3 Bonuses Worth $66
With Newsmax Magazine!
Get 6 issues of Newsmax Magazine at a low price PLUS 3 valuable bonuses:
— Special Report: The Man in the Middle (A $7.99 Value — FREE!)
Speaker Kevin McCarthy's systematic, pragmatic approach to leading Republicans as they reclaimed power in the House has drawn plaudits from none other than Newt Gingrich, who transformed Beltway politics in the 1990s with his Contract with America.
— Final Battle: The Next Election Could Be the Last (A $27.99 Value — FREE!)
David Horowitz exposes the left’s sinister strategies to achieve their heinous goals — from using racism, white supremacy, cancel culture, wokeism, critical race theory, the FBI, voting processes, our children’s schools, and more as their weapons of mass destruction.
— Crushed: Big Tech’s War on Free Speech (A $29.99 Value — FREE!)
Congressman Buck reveals Big Tech’s most shocking plans that will shake you to the core. They’re on a mission to take everything from you: your grandchildren’s minds, your right to speak freely, vote, pray, read the Bible . . . everything.
Get Your FREE Gifts
With This Special Offer!
YES! Send my FREE gifts immediately and start my 6-month (6 issues) subscription to Newsmax Magazine for only $12.95. That’s a total savings of $78!
NOTE: This introductory offer is only available for new subscribers to Newsmax Magazine. If you are a current or former subscriber, get the book(s) with this special offer — Click Here Now.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Sales tax included where applicable. Your subscription comes with a convenient automatic renewal. At the end of your subscription, we will notify you. If you want to keep the publication, do nothing and we will renew your subscription using your credit/debit card on file and charge you $42.95 for one year (12 issues) of Newsmax Magazine. And then every year thereafter at the lowest renewal rates then in effect. There is no risk, you can cancel within the first six months for a full refund of the unused portion of your subscription.