Confessions of the Medical Doctor
Who Nearly Gave Up
Fortunately for You, He Didn't.
See Below How His Story Can Heal YOUR Life
Dear Friend of Newsmax,
Let me introduce myself. I'm Dr. David Brownstein, and I'd like to tell you a story — the story of Ellis, the man I could not "fix".
About David Brownstein, M.D.
Dr. David Brownstein is a board-certified family physician and is one of the foremost American practitioners of holistic medicine.
He is a graduate of the University of Michigan and Wayne State University School of Medicine. Currently, he is the medical director of the Center for Holistic Medicine in West Bloomfield, Mich.
Dr. Brownstein has authored eight books on natural health:
- Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do!
- Overcoming Thyroid Disorders
- Overcoming Arthritis
- The Miracle of Natural Hormones
- The Guide to Healthy Eating
- Salt Your Way to Health
- Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It
- The Guide to a Gluten-Free Diet
In addition, Dr. Brownstein has lectured internationally to physicians and others about his success in using natural hormones, and nutritional and holistic therapies in his practice.
Even back in the early stages of my life as a family physician, I started to feel uneasy about the type of conventional medicine I'd been taught — you know, prescribing a multitude of drugs to treat a multitude of symptoms.
Well, one night as I tossed and turned (there had been many such nights), I confessed to my wife that I didn't want to be a doctor anymore.
She was stunned!
Yet the truth was, a large number of my patients were not improving. The drugs I prescribed were only treating the symptoms, not addressing the true cause of their illnesses. And to make matters worse, I had to treat the drug side effects with even more medications.
And there was Ellis...
Ellis, age 61, had his first heart attack when he was only 41 years old. He had his first bypass surgery at age 48 and then a second one at 55. Following that, two angioplasty surgeries at ages 58 and 60. He had an 18-year history of angina, and seriously high cholesterol.
Ellis felt terrible. He looked like he was about to die.
He was overweight and had no energy — he was tired all the time. And no matter what I tried, my conventional medical treatment was not helping him.
Fortunately, Ellis survived long enough for me to help him. And that's personally very significant to me.
You see, Ellis was my father.
Just imagine how you would feel, after years and years of medical school and residency, only to find that the very medical training you'd been taught could not help your own father...
In my frustration, I began to search for new ways to help my patients, including Ellis.
A chiropractor I happened to meet did me a great favor I can never repay. He introduced me to a book by famed natural healer Jonathan Wright, M.D. — Healing With Nutrition.
Inspired by Dr. Wright's success in using natural therapies to treat and prevent illness, I focused on the chapter in this book that discussed heart disease (because of Ellis, of course).
And eventually, I discovered new, natural therapies that weren't taught in medical school. I began to devour more and more research on the true causes of heart disease (and many other conditions).
What I discovered not only kept Ellis alive for a number of years, but also helped him thrive. And it all started with a little gland that weighs less than an ounce.
Lifesaving Secrets of
Your Neglected Thyroid Gland
Your thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland in the lower part of your neck. Small as it may be, the single teaspoon of thyroid hormone it secretes each year must drive the metabolic rate of every individual cell in your body.
After all the research I'd done, I suspected that Ellis could have a sluggish thyroid. So I performed a test of his TSH level, the test most physicians perform to check the thyroid.
It was normal.
I could easily have stopped there, as many doctors do. But I didn't.
I checked other thyroid hormones, which were not up to par — and Ellis' basal body temperature, which was low (another sign of underactive thyroid functioning).
Plus, Ellis demonstrated other symptoms of hypothyroid, including weight gain, fatigue, dry skin, and constipation.
Well, to make a long story short, I started Ellis on some natural thyroid hormones, and also balanced some of the other hormones in his body (including testosterone).
His improvement was shocking!
His 18-year history of angina resolved in just one week. His cholesterol dropped to less than 200 — with no change in diet (to my consternation).
He lost 25 pounds in just a few short months. His symptoms improved, and he no longer looked as if he was going to die.
Ellis was my first "test case" in natural therapies.
When I saw the rapid and specific improvement in his condition, I knew I could continue being a doctor — but this was the kind of medicine I would pursue from that moment on.
Perhaps you're wondering what the thyroid gland has to do with heart disease...
The Link Between Thyroid Imbalance,
Heart Disease, and at Least 59 Other
Symptoms and Conditions
Coronary artery disease is the #1 killer in America.
I'm sure you're aware that high cholesterol has been implicated as a major cause of death due to heart disease. That's why, if you have elevated cholesterol levels, your doctor may be quick to write you a scrip for a cholesterol-lowering statin drug.
What you've probably never been told is that, for over 70 years, research has shown that hypothyroidism makes you vulnerable to high cholesterol levels. So here's the $64 million question: what if your elevated cholesterol is only a symptom of another problem — an underactive thyroid?
That makes the consequences of undiagnosed and untreated thyroid imbalance staggering . . . because over time, hypothyroidism will make you susceptible to coronary artery disease — as well as numerous other conditions related to an underactive thyroid gland. At least 59 of them!
While hypothyroid may affect as much as 40% of the population (maybe even you), there is also the reverse condition: an overactive thyroid — called hyperthyroidism.
Because your thyroid function is so crucial to your health, I want you to have a copy of my book Overcoming Thyroid Disorders — absolutely free (I'll show you how you can claim yours in just a minute).
In this 256-page, easy-to-read ("plain English") book — full of actual case histories —you'll see how it's impossible to achieve optimal health when you have a thyroid problem.
Plus, you'll discover:
- How common blood tests only reveal a miniscule 2 to 5% of people who actually have thyroid problems (Warning: if you've received "normal" lab results in the past, they could be wrong) . . .
- How a thyroid imbalance could be to blame for infertility issues (You or someone you care about could be spending thousands of dollars for help with conceiving, yet the "fix" is simple and cheap) . . .
- The secret link between hypothyroidism and two modern epidemics: fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome (Imagine saying 'goodbye' to feeling tired and achy — permanently) . . .
- Why the most frequently prescribed thyroid medications are NOT effective (Plus, why most doctors won't give you the best thyroid hormones available) . . .
- 12 signs and symptoms of an overactive thyroid (I guarantee you'll want to know if your thyroid could be working 'overtime') . . .
- The little-known connection between hyperthyroidism and autoimmune diseases (Including rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, lupus, multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis, and many more diseases you or a loved one may suffer from) . . .
- How a gluten-free diet can truly be a godsend for those with thyroid or autoimmune disease (Please don't throw "fuel on the fire" when the solution is so simple) . . .
- Why natural testosterone is such an important part of hormone balancing (Ladies, don't make the mistake of thinking this is just a men's issue) . . .
- The risks and benefits of hormone replacement therapy (Essential knowledge for both pre- and post-menopausal women) . . .
- 6 easy steps to improve your diet (Plus, you'll help overcome obvious or hidden thyroid illness, too) . . .
- 2 ways to test yourself for heavy metal toxicity (And how to remove any offending toxins in a simple 5-step process — for your own peace of mind) . . .
- How to tell if you're vulnerable to dangerous blood clots — and what to do about the risk (Hint: low-dose aspirin is NOT the answer) . . .
- And much, much more . . .
But here's the good news . . .
I want you to have my book Overcoming Thyroid Disorders (a $19 value) — absolutely free. We'll even ship it to you at our cost.
Not only is the information you'll find between its covers essential to your healthy life, but it's the best way I know to introduce you to my newsletter, Dr. David Brownstein's Natural Way to Health.
Not Just Another Health Newsletter
That Could Save Your Life
The best medicine certainly doesn't come in bottles . . . In fact, the best medicine is — information.
As a charter subscriber to Natural Way to Health, you'll grab priceless information that can make a crucial difference in your own life — and that of your loved ones.
Each monthly issue of Dr. Brownstein's Natural Way to Health will include:
Comprehensive Reports. Dr. Brownstein presents one clearly written and easy to understand in-depth report focused on a vital and timely health topic. Each and every month, you'll gain a clear overview of the most promising holistic and medical strategies available to help conditions such as:
- Arthritis and inflammatory disorders
- Thyroid conditions
- Depression and anxiety
- Heart disease and high cholesterol
- Hormonal imbalances (in both men and women)
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Memory and learning concerns
- Breast and prostate cancer
- And many more
Health News. Dr. Brownstein sifts through and clears up much of the conflicting health information you're confronted with everyday. Whether it be from the internet, television news programs, or the latest health article in news publications — he'll share with you his insights on whether what you've heard is the real truth — or just more hype.
Case Studies. Throughout the years of his practice integrating the best of both the medical and alternative health worlds, Dr. Brownstein has amassed a huge archive of health-changing case studies he willingly shares with you. Each month, he presents at least one remarkable and relevant case from his files to help illustrate how his combined therapies have worked for others — helping them overcome the obstacles in their way to achieving the kind of health and wellness they never thought possible (for many of them, this was their last stop before giving up).
Nutritional Strategies. Dr Brownstein is a strong believer in 'you are what you eat'. And that today's typical American diet of fast food and eating on the run makes getting all the nutrition you need quite a struggle. That's why he offers simple, health-promoting nutritional strategies in each issue. You'll discover helpful facts about eliminating food allergies, the truth about grains and gluten, carbohydrates, and more. Discover how easy it is to shop for and prepare healthy meals — even making your family's favorites better for them . . .
Questions & Answers. Find out the correct answers to the most commonly asked questions that impact your health.
Katie, age 54, suffered from severe fatigue for six years. "I go to bed tired, and I wake up tired," she lamented. Also Katie complained of other symptoms of hypothyroidism. She said, "I can't believe how I look. I feel like someone took a bicycle pump and blew up my face. Also, my hair is falling out and my skin is extremely dry no matter what I do to it." Katie's blood tests revealed significantly elevated TSH and a very low T3 level, indicating a hypothyroid condition. Within two months of treatment with Armour thyroid, many of Katie's symptoms were markedly better.
Even my friends were commenting how much better I looked. They all noticed that I looked like I had lost weight. I did lose a few pounds, but I think they were noticing the difference in my face. It no longer looks swollen," she reported.
Katie also reported a return of her energy level when the hypothyroidism was appropriately treated. Katie sent me a 'before and after' thyroid hormone picture of her face, where the difference in the puffiness of her face can clearly be seen. I have used these pictures to educate others about how an individual's face can look when they are suffering from hypothyroidism.
By now, you might be wondering if all this health information will cost an arm and a leg, but don't worry . . .
Special Limited-Time Charter Offer:
Get 3 of Dr. Brownstein's Best Selling
Health Books FREE — A $60 Value!
I'll admit it — I'm a bit biased, but I recommend you subscribe to Dr. David Brownstein's Natural Way to Health newsletter right away. That way, you'll become privy to hundreds of the holistic healing tips, tricks and strategies he's gained over the last 20 years.
And especially when it's so darned affordable . . .
Your investment in a one-year subscription is only $49, just eleven cents a day. Plus you get 3 of Dr. Brownstein's best selling books absolutely free.
Recharge Your Health, Starting Today!
With your risk-free subscription, you'll receive three FREE books courtesy of Dr. Brownstein and Newsmax (a total value of $60).
In fact, we'll rush all 3 of them to you and even pay the postage for you, too.
The value of these books really discounts your subscription by a whopping 75%!
You've already heard about some of the health gems you'll find in Overcoming Thyroid Disorders.
In your second great free book, Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do, you'll see why some of the most commonly prescribed drugs may be harmful to your health . . . and why you should consider natural therapies in your treatment program for these six common obstacles to wellness:
- Elevated cholesterol levels — discover how you can lower your cholesterol
naturally . . .
- Osteoporosis or brittle bones — see how to maintain healthy bones without inflammation-causing drugs like Fosamax® and Boniva® . . .
- Stomach problems like heartburn, reflux and ulcers — see why antacids should be used only as a last resort . . .
- Depression — discover how to raise your serotonin levels through diet and amino acid supplementation — the natural antidepressant treatment . . .
- Inflammation — see numerous simple and natural alternatives you can use to relieve the pain, stiffness, and other symptoms of arthritis . . .
- Imbalanced hormonal system — learn how to safely balance your hormonal system to improve your well-being, slow the aging process, and even reverse many chronic conditions . . .
And in your third free book, Overcoming Arthritis, you'll see how modern holistic treatments can cure arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and many other common conditions. You'll discover:
- How conventional medicine does not understand the cause of many chronic illnesses such as arthritis (See how to save yourself from the risks of powerful steroids and toxic chemotherapeutic agents that many doctors prescribe because they don't know what else to do) . . .
- Exactly where to go to find help from a doctor trained and knowledgeable about conditions such as hormonal imbalances and natural arthritis cures (Only 1 person in 1000 knows about this valuable resource) . . .
- Why the use of antibiotics as a treatment for arthritis has been basically ignored for over 50 years (Don't be hoodwinked by the use of cortisone instead — avoid its adverse effects, including cataracts, osteoporosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many more) . . .
- Two tests you must have done if you have a chronic illness such as arthritis . . .
- The single hormone found significantly lacking in nearly 100% of people with autoimmune disorders such as ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, M.S., and many others (Plus, how you can find a pharmacist trained in compounding natural hormones) . . .
- How joint stiffness — especially early morning stiffness — is one of the cardinal signs of dehydration (And how, if you have a chronic disease, you are almost guaranteed to be dehydrated) . . .
- Why fibromyalgia, with its severe muscle pain, is such a difficult condition to treat (And nearly impossible to overcome unless this one factor is addressed) . . .
- Dr. Brownstein's specific recommendations (with dosages) for nutrient deficiencies . . .
- How to test and treat for heavy metal toxicity (Great to boost your immune system — and imperative if you suffer from chronic illness) . . .
- Plus, many more health-saving tips and strategies . . .
All three easy-reading books are yours FREE with your risk-free subscription to Dr. David Brownstein's Natural Way to Health. Just so you know, this is a limited time offer — only available to our new subscribers, so order today!
This is Too Good to Pass Up . . . I Want to Enjoy My Best Health Ever!
But along with the savings and book bonus, here's something else that should put your mind at ease . . .
You Don't Risk One Red Cent
You're fully protected by our Newsmax iron-clad, unconditional money-back guarantee.
At your leisure, read over your newsletter Dr. David Brownstein's Natural Way to Health. You can get it in print form or via email, your choice.
Take what you discover to help yourself and your loved ones. If you're not absolutely thrilled with the health-recharging information you'll find in each and every report, just let us know within the first 90 days.
You'll get every cent you invested refunded back to you, no questions asked. (After 90 days, you'll still qualify for a pro-rated refund of any unused portion of your subscription.)
Either way, you can keep any Free Books you received with our thanks, just for giving the newsletter a try. How's that for fair?
Yes, I'm Ready to Transform My Health Safely and Naturally!
The next move is up to you. I've shown you that your subscription is as risk-free as possible. And I suspect that if you've read this letter, you're seriously interested in bettering your health — and the health of your loved ones.
All that's left now is to take action.
Don't miss out on this time-limited offer.
To Your Lasting Health,
Dr. David Brownstein, M.D.
P.S. Claim your FREE $19.95 book Overcoming Thyroid Disorders today! Plus, you get two other FREE books: Drugs That Don't Work and Natural Therapies That Do and Overcoming Arthritis (a full $60 value for all three books) with your no-risk subscription of my newsletter. Subscribe today and grab three FREE books!